9/15/10

Sub-Series: Restaurant Reviews - LemonGrass


LemonGrass Vietnamese Cuisine
http://www.lemongrass-rest.com/
South Grand Blvd.
St. Louis, MO

I'm going to start with pictures and names of the various meals my family ordered.  My step-dad was kind enough to foot the bill for lunch so I'm not sure on the total cost, but the website does have a menu with prices listed.  It's fairly inexpensive, I think.


Appetizer: Vietnamese Pancake (Pan seared rice flour crepes filled with shrimp, chicken and beansprouts served with lettuce and cilantro, dipped in lemon sauce.)

Me adding herbs to my Medium Rare Beef Rice Noodle Soup (Pho Tai).

Mom & Jim shared Chicken Rice In Hot Pot (Com Tay Cam Ga)

My brother enjoyed Vermicelli Noodles With Char Broiled Chicken (Bun Ga Nuong), which had vermicelli noodles with char broiled chicken marinated in minced lemongrass and vegetables, served in lemon sauce.

Wow! That was a lot of items and pictures!
I will only review the entrees I tasted myself.

Price: When you just want a simple meal, try LemonGrass for $5-10 deals.

Appetizer: A delightful mix of chewy crunchy; veggies, eggs, meats, and spicy sauce cure the munchies.

Rice Pot Entree: Standard fare for asian food; tastes like takeout. Not for adventurous palates - much too gray. Waiter suggested, but why? Nothing special.

Beef Rice Noodle Soup: At first bite, hearty and warm. Rice noodles slurpy and comforting. Add cilantro, basil, and spice; *watch out* this soup gets extra nice!

Service: Note to spicy-food-servers; keep the drinks filled! Other than that, friendly as can be. I even learned a little Vietnamese!

Ambiance: Quiet and clean-cut. Rows of tables seem crowded, but are amply spaced once seated. “Less is more” décor showcases the signature food.

Overall: Grand is a nice stroll and this hot stop will refuel you for the crazed trip to international food coop across the street. Get the Pho Tai.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to be frank in your comments, but realize this page will be family-friendly and comments may be edited or removed to keep with this standard.