8/11/10

Not a Winner

Well, this is the dreaded post I didn't want to have to write.

I received my "thanks, but no thanks" letter from the Writer's of the Future Contest just last week.  I made my poor mom read it aloud to me on the phone (I had her down as my permanent address).

When I actually looked at the letter it settled in that I didn't make it.  I am proud to say that I made it through two rounds of eliminations before being weeded out.

The standard form letter said that they hoped I had my new story ready to send in for the next quarter, but of course, I don't have one yet.

I still believe in my story, so I think I'm going to look for someone who might be interested in publishing it - even if just in a short story magazine of some sort.

Well, anyway - stay tuned for more adventures in creative writing! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to be frank in your comments, but realize this page will be family-friendly and comments may be edited or removed to keep with this standard.