4/17/11

Chicken with Creamy Dijon Herb Sauce

This recipe came to me attached to a coupon for French's Dijon mustard ($1 off made it cost only $.48!) and I guess I was hungry at the time because I went ahead and saved it and planned it as tonight's meal.  I used diced chicken breast and made my broth from bullion in my cupboard.  I served this with boiled, buttered and salted tiny red potatoes and fruit salad.  For any Weight Watcher's participants, one serving of the chicken plus two small red potatoes is 10 pts.  That's pretty reasonable as it is filling and nutritious. (I just realized I left out the garlic! Was delicious without it!)

1/2 cup chicken broth
6 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
1/3 Cup (1/3 of a 8 oz stick) Cream Cheese, softened
1 Tbsp Minced Herbs (used dried oregano)
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
4 (6 oz) Chicken Breasts
1 tsp. minced garlic

Use a whisk to mix broth, mustard, cream cheese, and herbs until well blended; set aside.  Cook chicken in hot oil until browned on both sides.  Stir in ustard sauce and garlic and simmer over medium heat 3-5 minutes or until sauce slightly thickens and flavors are blended.
FIVE STARS! Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to be frank in your comments, but realize this page will be family-friendly and comments may be edited or removed to keep with this standard.